• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Adventure Earth
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

Viking excels in customer service. It's amazing how room stewards know my name and room number before I can remember. Food is (unfortunately) excellent. They offered different soups for lunch and dinner, and they were all fabulous. I've been on both ocean and river cruises, and I like how you have the opportunity to meet people a little easier on a river cruise. Dining tables are commonly set for 6+ people. Entertainment is offered on a river cruise, but it's local people, and all very talented. We had a glass blowing demonstration (trained under Chihuly), singers, musicians. The resident pianist was exceptional. The included tours give you a good overview. I sometimes have trouble with the tour description in determining if we're going into the place, or just a drive/walk by. Loved riding on the top deck watching the world go by, the Danube is stunning. And you know what? We went from Bucharest to Amsterdam, and did not see one bit of trash floating in the river!

Veranda Stateroom