• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Shalvah1854
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

All in all Cruise was good as I told the ship staff in a review...the ports were varied and interesting although they changed our debarkation port VERY LATE in the process from Barcelona to Tarragona! Tarragona is far away from Barcelona where we all had our departure flights. The journey to Barcelona the last day was close to 90 minutes, and $$$. The biggest negative in the cruise was in the stateroom. MY PILLOW. It had a strange smell, and when I took off the three layers of pillow cases, I found a yellow sweat stained mess staring at me. How could this be on an upscale cruise, and during Covid??? It was brought to the attention of the housekeeping staff who offered an apology and thats about it (and a new pillow).

Other than those two things ( and neither were minor IMHO), the cruise was enjoyable. The workers in the restaurants bent over backwards to be helpful. Very clean, very sanitary. Everyone masked which was appreciated. Never saw a single face of any staff member the entire cruise! Masks were required everywhere except when actively eating or drinking. Wise. Shows each night were decent, nothing special but entertaining enough. Not sure if I will sail on Oceania again, but I am glad we did at least once.....

Verandah Stateroom

Fine except for the sweat stained pillow mentioned above. Fairly tight quarters when twin beds are requested...only one person at a time could get something from the closet.

Port Reviews

Positano (Amalfi)

picked this cruise for the exotic ports!

previous reviewnext review