• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

AmaDouro Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Good, but the rough spots were irritating

Review for AmaDouro to Europe
watcher30
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

This was our fifth Ama cruise and the first since Covid; I'm glad we went, but there were some issues that made me drop my rating to four stars.

Let me start with the things that went right: the ship was comfortable; our room was big enough and had storage in the right places (and bedside power, for which we were grateful). Most of the crew was great to interact with, especially our room steward and our waiter. Laundry was fast and fairly priced. The itinerary was great, the excursions were interesting, and the scenery was terrific. The food was good, if not quite up to the standards of our previous Ama cruises, and our food issues were handled properly. And the Internet service was the best I've ever had on a ship - fast enough to let me ship all my photos home every night.

But there were things that could have gone better.

Response from SocialMediaA, Coordinator, Social Media

Hello! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback – it is truly appreciated. We were very sorry to read your review and learn that certain aspects of your first river cruise experience...

Balcony Stateroom

We were in cabin it was comfortable and big enough, with ample storage. I was happy that there were bedside outlets (and USB power) on both sides of the bed, as well as additional outlets at the desk.

3 Helpful Votes