• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Breakaway Review

Editor Rating
2 Awards

poor service and poor food

Review for Norwegian Breakaway to the Western Caribbean
leonettes
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Family Balcony Stateroom

We have traveled on NCL several times over the past several years and they have gotten worse and worse. We started paying for higher level cabins but now the food has gotten to the point where it is like eating at golden corral. We were forced to eat in the main dining room the entire cruise because we could not get reservations for any other dining room since they had the Savor closed for "renovations" which we later found out to be untrue. It was because they did not have enough staff. All the deserts had no flavor - if it was lime it tasted bland, if it was lemon it was bland. if it was cheesecake it was bland. Anything that was a custard all tasted the same, bland. We would wait for 35 minutes for a cup of hot tea for my pregnant daughter to get something to drink at dinner, because she was not drinking alcohol. All the drinks were watered down. I tried to order a glass of Merlot wine at dinner and they were completely out of Merlot wine and tried to tell me that a red blend was the same thing. Then they brought me a Malbec that tasted as if it had turned. I ordered the herb roasted chicken at dinner the last night and it was so dry when I took the first bite, I almost choked and my daughter, who is a nurse practitioner was seconds from having to do the Heimlich. Our trip included the transfer the airport to Miami, we waited for almost 2 hours in line with NO SOCIAL distancing for a bus to take us to the airport with people that had been to different ports and exposed to Covid. Within 3 days of getting off the ship both my daughter and I had Covid and neither of us went on any excursions. This was absolutely the worst cruise I have ever been on and if I had not already paid for another one in August, I would NEVER go on another NCL cruise again.

Family Balcony Stateroom