• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

bigque
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin: Spacious Ocean View

Ok let me do this quick review of my cruise June 10-13 2022 on Independence of the Seas. This is my review of how I saw it and what you have seen may be totally different. I will give an A, B C, D, F grade.

This is my first cruise since October 2019 pre pandemic. I have been cruising since 2008 all on Royal. Not putting my C&A status as that will not give anything extra to the review. Had a Western Med cruise booked in 2020 but of course it was canceled. This was my test the water cruise to see how things are going.

Arrived in Cocoa Beach the day before as always. Our check-in time for day of cruise was 11:30 and we arrived at the port at 10:00. At that time there was no line of cars and we drove right up to the luggage drop off and dropped off luggage and then right up the ramp to park. Went down to the terminal and first greeted by a rep who checked vaccination cards, set sail pass and and Covid test paperwork and were then allowed to enter. Once inside (No mask required) we were directed to a rep (No lines) who checked everything plus the passports and after everything checked out we were directed to have a seat until boarding starting at 11:00. It was now 10:35. So I don’t know what it’s like later when there are a lot of people but getting there early was pretty smooth. Doors opened at 11:00 and various groups Like pinnacles, Daimond plus, diamond etc. followed by 11:00 folks and then 11:30. 11:30 was actually called about 11:20.

Spacious Ocean View