Azamara Pursuit Review

Azamara was everything we hoped it would be!

Review for Europe Cruise on Azamara Pursuit
joyride
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Club Continent Suite

This was my 25th cruise and my first on Azamara. My husband surprised me at Christmas with this cruise, 7 Day Spain Intensive from Barcelona, Spain to Lisbon Portugal. We were in a Continental Club Suite, Cabin 8050, a great mid-ship location on Deck 8. Everything was pretty much perfect on this cruise. We did a half day Barcelona tour with Spain Day Tours prior to arriving at the port. (Perfect tour for pre-cruise, they picked us up with luggage at our hotel and delivered us to the pier after our tour).

Embarkation was so smooth! We arrived at the Port at 1:30 PM and had a 3PM boarding time on our Boarding Pass. They gave us a sticker that indicated that we were in a Suite, and we got checked in right away (So did our friends who were in an inside cabin). They checked our Covid vaccination records, test results, passports, etc. and then we were seated in an area for our muster group. As soon as they had about 8 people in our group, they escorted us onto the ship, greeted with a glass of champagne and Ship's officers, etc. Then, we did a mini muster drill for our little group, and we were off to our room. This was really cool; we didn't have to worry about attending a muster drill later prior to sail away! We were greeted in our cabin by our amazing Butler, Robert, and he gave us an orientation to the room.

First thing we did was go up to the Window's cafe to sign up for our Specialty Restaurants and a French Chef's table. We decided to do the Prime C Restaurant the first night, which was a great choice, as it wasn't crowded, and we got an awesome table looking at the wake at the aft of the ship. We ended up eating at Prime C another time and once at Aqualina. The French Chef's table was fabulous and was in the Prime C restaurant as well.

Club Continent Suite

Our cabin was awesome. The bed was very comfortable and there was so much storage, we only used about half of it. I guess the only complaint was that my husband, who is 6'2" had to duck a bit in the shower. We had a bathtub, which is deep and raised somewhat. If you are tall and get a CC Suite, get the Suite with a shower. Plenty of plugs in the room, we had a laptop, tablet, phones, CPAT Machine, etc. and everything was easily plugged in. I didn't like the hair dryer, it wasn't very powerful. LOL The location of our cabin was perfect. A couple doors down from the lift and stairs, easy access to everything!

31 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azamara Pursuit Cruise from $1,384

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.