• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Lack of timely response to problems during cruise but Great service in dining room and rooms

Review for Emerald Princess to Transpacific
Bev152
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

Our cruise was great til Holyhead Wales. It was a cold and windy day and on way into shore our tender boat stalled and couldn’t restart. We drifted in the waves and hit the shore wall grinding the under carriage of the boat. After multi failed attempts to start the tender and drifting a rescue tender was called. The rope we were attached to our rescue broke and a second was attempted. This time we were being pulled but we hit the rescue tender twice…the rescue was unsuccessful. A second rescue tender was sent out and we finally were sandwiched between the boats back to the ship. The whole process in cold and windy weather took 2 1/2 hours. We were frozen so much so that we couldn’t go on the next excursion day in Glasgow.

The real problem though was that we missed our non Princess booked tour of Holyhead. It was not because our our lateness but because we were stuck on a Princess tender. We believe we should be getting re-embursement for our tour. I started writing letters, providing invoices, for the tour. I have yet to get an answer. I spent 2 hours on the phone today before I got someone to talk to me. The dance started all over again…where why how who. I am tired of trying to get a written response or a phone call about my complaint.I get told we will be back to you shortly.

Princess has always prided itself on transparency and service. What happened? I can appreciate they are busy…..but so am I. I can’t afford the time or effort to continue this. As the movie says….”Show me the money.”

2 Helpful Votes