• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Iona Review

Editor Rating

P and O Iona -very disappointing in some aspects.

Review for Iona to Europe
Dancecrazy
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin:

We wanted to cruise Norwegian fjords and Iona was chosen in order to support UK business.

Meals were usually taken in the Pearl restaurant where all our meals were excellent and staff courteous and couldn’t do enough for us ; all of the staff were lovely.

Coral dining room was tried for breakfast once during the cruise and NEVER again. I had to ask for hot water for my decaf tea and soya milk as my husband was served 20 minutes at least before me! I asked for a tomato, mushrooms and baked beans and no yoghurts ,cereal or anything else was ordered .My plate came with no mushrooms. I advised the waiter - “Oh you want mushrooms “ he said abruptly , I said “ Yes ,that’s what I did order”. The disgruntled waiter went off to get something for another passenger and clearly was not very happy ,he saw I hadn’t started my breakfast and waived his hand and said” You can eat your breakfast ,the mushrooms will come” in quite an abrupt manner ,he was very rude, I’ve never been spoken to on a ship by crew like that whatsoever , and I’ve cruised on a lot of ships to date. II ate what was on my plate and ten minutes later the mushrooms came. “ What’s the point now , I’ve eaten my breakfast “ I said , I don’t want mushrooms in a bowl now when I’ve finished my breakfast it’s too late now ! The older ladies on the next table made a point of saying “ It’s not very good is it” . I can honestly say that the service and attitude was appalling towards me, and there was absolutely NO apology whatsoever . The Coral dining room was certainly not busy at all .

Small , but very clean and nicely decorated. The room was well designed to utilise the space . It’s nice to have a little kettle for a morning or evening drink which Royal Caribbean ships don’t have. However, there are a lot of little touches that have gone since covid like a chocolate left in the cabin in the evening , and ‘turn down ‘ has been stopped.

2 Helpful Votes