• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

lauramae31
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Ocean View

Adventure of the Seas is a gorgeous ship, well-maintained and elegant. The promenade on Deck 5 had a European flair to it with more elegance than some of the over the top glitz I’ve seen on other ships. Lots of bells and whistles with an ice skating rink, boogie boarding, stand up surfing, rock climbing wall, and sports area.

I ate all of my meals in the well-appointed main dining room. Although I had a couple of so-so items (cod lunch entree and crab cake appetizer), the majority of my meals were delicious, especially a grilled sea bass and mousaka dish. Service was excellent. I tried My Time Dining for the first time and liked it much better than I thought I might. I recommend making reservations and getting in line about 10-15 minutes prior to your reservation time. You will be seated right on time. I heard a lot of complaints about the wait, but I thought the staff was very efficient given the number of passengers. Although reservations are not required, the staff often halted the no reservations line to allow reservations to go through first. Other the the dressy evening, the dress code was casual and even that was not enforced. I was disappointed in how lax dress has become. In a fine dining atmosphere/experience, passengers should be expected to dress appropriately (never less than smart casual). If they don't want to make the effort, they should eat in the Windjammer.

As always, the staff was excellent. Cruise Director Tornado Tanya was definitely high energy. My room steward Dewa was delightful, always pleasant and gracious. He kept me in fresh washcloths and dry bath mats. I continued to be amazed at how pleasant cruise staff are considering the number of rude and complaining passengers. Camila, hostess for deck 3 dining room, was always so pleasant and efficient. Dining room and bar servers were very attentive. Note: there is no longer mini bar option in cabin cooler. I ordered my beverages, including waters, at Duck & Dog Pub located on the Promenade deck or Boleros on deck 4. Unfortunately, I did not get her name, but had very fun activities staff member for a dance class and napkin folding activity I attended. I only encountered one staff member who seemed to lack the outgoing cruise staff personality.

Ocean View

I absolutely loved my stateroom, located forward, port and roomy. It had a great view out of the window from either the bed or the small loveseat. I was pleased to see real shower doors rather than a curtain.

Port Reviews

Bar Harbor

History Walking tour - Good amount of information and appropriate length of time (approximately 1 1/2 hours). Personable and knowledgeable guide. Plenty of time after to browse shops and eat. I took the shore path rather than the crowded main thoroughfare back to the dock to catch the tender boat. Excellent view of the Maine coastline.

Halifax

Peggy Cove's Fishing Village - Approximately 45 minute drive each direction to Peggy's Cove. Guide provided interesting narration on the area. We had about an hour to spend at Peggy's Cove. You have to use your time wisely if you want to walk the area. I had just enough time to walk up to the Fishermen's Monument, browse a few of the shops, and take pictures. The tour will drops passengers back at the ship terminal, but it is an easy walk along the boardwalk to the harbor area. With a morning tour, there was plenty of time to browse the area.

5 Helpful Votes