• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Panorama Review

Editor Rating

This cruise geta a 12 out of 10 in my book!

Review for Carnival Panorama to the Mexican Riviera
OC SeaPA
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin: Balcony

I was on one of the very first cruises on the Panorama in January 2020. It was such a totally amazing cruise I was afraid that this cruise would not measure up, especially since it was my DH last cruise. Also, I've been on other cruises since sailing restarted after the pandemic, and find that it is a different experience, although not a better one. Until this cruise...

Being this was an early summer cruise, it was full of kids, and mine are grown. No problem- the ship was full, but I have never had such great service or met so many wonderful people. There were alot of multi-generational families- we hung out in Mazatlan with a great gal in her 90's, and went dancing with another for her 82nd birthday. The kids were very well behaved, and kept very busy. There is so much to do on the Panorama that you can't cover everything on a 7 day cruise.

We had any-time dining, but requested early instead, being the ship was so full. No problem- we were assigned a great window table with the best wait staff I have ever had in over 50 cruises. Food was excellent and plentiful- they kept bring more, and if I couldn't decide they just brought both choices. Regular dining room fare included escargot, frogs legs, lobster, filet mignon, & prime rib, along with lots of choices each night. Buffet was wonderful- kept very clean, lots of room at different stations, good selections. For lunch the Mongolian Wok was no charge (there is a charge at dinner) and it was great. Also had a great hamburger at Guy Fieri's, made just how I wanted and soooo much flavor. The fish tacos at Blue Iguana grill had a great salsa bar. Every morning room service was delivered promptly (within 10 minutes of ordering), so nice carafe of coffee, fresh croissants, fresh melon and no charge (tips are appreciated).

Balcony

Cabin was exceptionally clean, great balcony, larger bathroom than the last Princess cruise. Some people say the older ships have larger cabins than the newer ships, but this doesn't seem to be the case with the Panorama. As usual, the walls are thin, so people in the next cabin did come in late one night and were noisy.

6 Helpful Votes