• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Docked in Alaska

This was our 3rd Cruise on Oceania in as many years. We were very excited to be cruising again. The cruise was very disappointing from beginning to end. Oceania has really slipped in their quality IMHO. I’ll just hit the low points of the trip but bottom-line Oceania does not care any longer about their quality. I spoke to numerous people and got zero response from them. We flew from DFW to LAX for a noon embarkation. Oceania booked our flight out of DFW for 6:45 am which put us in LAX before 8:00 am. I should have complained before we left but didn’t (my bad). We had to wait in the baggage until like 11:30 before we could board the bus to the ship. There, we waited over an hour to get checked in so we could board the ship. Things started off OK but I have to say the food was not as good as it had been on previous cruises. They are either cutting costs OR having supply issues. All port stops were too short. We should have realized this beforehand but didn’t (again our fault). I don’t think we had more than 6 hours in any one port. Felt like we were always rushing back to ship after scheduled excursion. The final straw to break for the trip was we had to get tested for COVID before disembarking the ship since we were flying out of Viktoria. We both tested positive which we knew was a potential risk of the trip. The bad part was Oceania really didn’t care about our safety or welfare. We were quarantined in our room for last day and then hastily bussed from Victoria BC to Seattle and basically locked into a COVID motel that was, maybe, one star and told they would bring us 3 meals per day. The first meal arrived and it was non-edible. We found out that the US had no mandatory quarantine period (just a suggested period) so we got the hell out of Seattle and back to Dallas as soon as possible because of recommendations from my doctors. I have health conditions that could cause me fatal issues if not treated properly. My doctors wanted me home ASAP in case I developed complications. I’m fine now but I suspect that some of the older, even less healthy, passengers really struggled to get home. The bottom-line is that Oceania didn’t care about taking care of us. They just wanted to get rid of us. I will never ever book another cruise on Oceania. My warning to anyone considering Oceania: be ware and be skeptical. Also, I don’t think they were cleaning the ship as advertised. At least, 30 people got COVID and the ship was only at about 2/3 capacity.

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

It was OK but I don’t remember the bathrooms being as small as they were. I think they shrunk during their makeover.

7 Helpful Votes