• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Independence of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Fun for all (except ages 18-20)

Review for Independence of the Seas to the Bahamas
Dcunn03
First Time Cruiser • Age Under 20

Family

Sail Date: Jun 2022
Cabin:

I went on a family vacation on this cruise. Since I got on the boat I felt ostracized. Everything was targeted towards those 17 and under or 21 and over. The only fun I’ve had on this trip was in Nassau because I was treated like an adult. The clean staff and food has been great, I just wish there was more for a 20 year old to do. The elevators have also been a nightmare, part of it being because of children pushing all the buttons, but my main issue has been that half of the elevators haven’t been working and they have not been fixed. The excursions were poorly organized when getting off the boat so much to the point my family just took the loss. Overall, if you are in that awkward “adult” age (18-20) I would not recommend because 95% of the activities are not targeted towards you.

I would love to go on another cruise with this line but I will be waiting until I can do the adult stuff or they make change.

Port Reviews

Nassau

It was really fun, the only part of the trip where I didn’t feel ostracized. I recommend porting in Nassau, the people are nice (but they hustle hard) and I never felt unsafe.

2 Helpful Votes