• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Allure of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
57 Awards

A beautiful, but hot ship.

Review for Allure of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean
emifaith
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin:
My Allure8

After 6 Carnival Cruises as my kiddos grew up we would look with wonder at the big ships and say "someday." Now that the kiddos are grown (19 & 21) it was time to go on a mega ship. We had cruised RC before but it was eons ago. We were slated for Harmony but Covid.... so Allure.

The ship is beautiful. So many details and quality craftsmanship put into her. However, the design being centered around the middle area (central park & boardwalk) areas took away from the feeling that we were on a cruise, for us. It was like being in the mall. The Solarium was great.

The availability and variety of food options outside of the MDR was lacking, for us. Guy's Burgers is a big draw for my crew. If you're above Guy's Burgers you should probably not read the rest of my review. We really missed it. We were looking forward to Johnny Rockets, but, shucks, it was not free. If you want food outside of the windjammer, you are limited to the Promenade Cafe and the Pizza place. The cafe would literally have 6 sandwich pieces and about 4 cookies in the display window. Pizza was plentiful, always available and pretty darn good. Much better than Carnival, for us. But that was it. We missed the Blue Iguana, Guy's, the sandwich place, the soft serve!

We had 4 cabins for 8 people. All with balcony on deck 8.

Pros- Good Shower, ample closet space, Kamon was great. I love that RC has gone to sliding glass doors for balconies.

Magnets for when you're in and out of room.

Cons- Not cool enough. The sliding glass door was like an olympic event to open and close. And noisy. AND when you open the balcony, the air shuts off so..... Beds do not come close to the beds on a Carnival ship.

5 Helpful Votes