• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Balcony

I choose this cruise because of its unique itinerary and the promise of Princess Cruise to have the most enjoyable vacation of all. The embarkation in Barcelona could have been handled differently and more seamlessly if crew are well trained in what they are supposed to do. Instead, we have section of the embarkation that let us in to the next section only to be redirected to go back where we have to get in line again.Some of us left the line to look for cold bottled water to drink as they were not offering any. I ask one of the crew that was guarding the door where i can get drinking water and he was directing me to the next building. So frustrating, I left.

On the 3rd day, my partner got ill. He was tested Covid-19 positive. WE were so careful that we wash our hands all the time and worn a N95 mask except when we were eating. So, we suspected that my partner must have gotten it from the dinning room. Our cruise was 14 days and he was in quarantine for 10 days. He finally, tested negating and was released from quarantine a day before we disembark in Athens.

I was dinning by myself the whole time my partner was in quarantine. The dinning room team of server (Concerto) were spectacular. Especially Michelle and Valeriano. The restaurant hostess, Cyrille was amazing. She was so entertaining and I always look forward to seeing her every dinner time.

Deluxe Balcony

Toiletries are no longer individualized. Shampoo and conditioner are in refillable container. Toilet sit is too high for me that my feet is hanging a little bit (I am 5'8"). They no longer put little chocolate mint in your pillow (hallmark of cruising).

Housekeeping is good. The cabin is always tidy and most request were fulfilled with the exception of bathrobes. Though request was made prior to embarkation, when we arrived at our cabin, there was no bathrobes. I did not follow up with the cabin attendant as at that point I was no longer interested.

Other request such as distilled water for medical device (CPAP) use and bucket of ice were fulfilled with no problem.

Rodolfo the cabin attendant was such a nice guy that took care of all.

1 Helpful Vote