• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Donna
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Jun 2010
Cabin:

I have just returned from a holiday of a lifetime - it was fantastic!! As some of you may already know (I have mentioned it in plenty of reviews during the past few months , that I was going on a cruise) , and after waiting (impatiently) for almost ten months , the time arrived on Saturday 5th June and lasted until Saturday 19th June , and so my holiday has quickly and sadly been and gone! I had never been on a cruise before , let alone gone away from home for more than one week , let alone a fortnight , and now after a brilliant time , I am very sad that's it's over! So to help me get over my post-holiday-blues , I thought that I would share my experience with you!! (Just to warn you , it is going to be a very long review , as I have so much to say!)

Right...where shall I begin............ from the very beginning I guess.

So , last year , having never been abroad before , I was moaning that I wanted to go on a foreign holiday , so one day whilst out shopping , I walked into a travel agents and picked up a load of holiday brochures. My mum had always wanted to go on a cruise but hadn't been and so after flicking through a couple of brochures , was getting quite tempted to actually go. We then decided that it would be good if a group of us went (these were the very early days of the planning, and me like an excited child , was really hoping that the answer would be a great big yes!) So we discussed it with my sister and her boyfriend , and my aunt and uncle , and we were all (well I wasn't - I was all for it!) debating , shall we shan't we. In the end we decided on a two week mediterranean cruise with Royal Caribbean International. I was so excited when we had confirmed the booking , yet I still had ten months to wait for the time to come.

Great Balcony , Very clean , spacious , Good selection of television channels , lots of mirrors, REALLY comfy bed

Port Reviews

Gibraltar

Went up the rocks and to the cave ; incredibly beautiful views! Beware of the monkeys! Plenty of shops , although was too much like a British shopping street and so it had a lot of shops that were the same back home and so the shopping experience there was boring. People nice and spoke both English and Spanish

Corsica (Ajaccio)

Very hot. Went on a tour bus around the town. Stopped at a beach for ten minutes. Funny little place.

Cannes

LOVED here! Very glamourous. Had to get a boat from the ship to the shore. Had nice beach. Nice place to shop.

Barcelona

Loved here - lovely city with beautiful sights. Went on a tour bus. Good shopping place - beware of the pick-pockets.

Ibiza

Stopped here on a sunday ; most places were closed. We didn't have much time here , and only got to see the old place , which I found boring as we seemed to be just walking around houses. Would have liked to have seen the 'party side'.

Lisbon

I really liked her ; especially for shopping. Really hot and was interesting to see the main transport was by tram. Nice people.

previous reviewnext review