• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

jclinard
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

I selected this cruise as a getaway. It wasn't long, and it wasn't exotic, but it did push me into Diamond Plus territory.

Navigator of the Seas is running three day / four day cruises out of Los Angeles to Ensenada and Catalina Island. I selected a four night cruise. Balcony staterooms were not available when I booked, but I put in a minimal bid for one from their RoyalUp offer, and scored one.

The stateroom was pretty standard, though as with many ships, the power outlets were lacking. Fortunately, I brought an extension cord and an approved power strip. I needed the extension cord for my CPAP; the strip provided power for my devices. There is no power outlet near the bed. Light power needs to be activated with a card in the slot. I used my cruise card, but slipped my lanyard around the door handle and card to insure I wouldn't forget it.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

This is a balcony stateroom, located midship. It was pretty standard as staterooms go. I expected minimal power outlets, so I brought an extension cord for my CPAP and a ship-approved power strip for my devices.

The refrigerator was substandard, barely keeping bottles of water cool, let alone cold. The bed was comfortable, and the TV was a nice flat screen with USB ports for additional power. The balcony had two chairs and a table.

The room required a card inserted into a slot for light power. The power outlets and things like the TV worked either with or without a card.

3 Helpful Votes