• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

First let me say that this review is basically about the cleanliness of eating areas. I just went on Celebrity in November and I’m comparing it to that which I thought was excellent. Celebrity had staff waiting with hand sanitizer in all eating locations. No guest were allowed to touch anything to keep things sterile. I will also say that in my November sailing they were at 50% capacity. I found quite the opposite on Carnival. They had 5900 guest on board the ship. I called carnival asking several times what capacity they were allowing on the ship. No one ever knew. Turns out we were at almost full capacity if not full. They are severely understaffed for full capacity. Carnival Mardi Gras had hand washing sinks before entering the main Buffay area, but I never saw one person use them. They did not offer staff with sanitizer. In the Buffay you scooped out your own food with public utensils which leads to a multitude of germs spreading. Food just sitting out that kids touched and put back. It was disgusting. That being said I have only been on two cruises since Covid started and I feel Carnival has missed the mark. I will not be back for another Carnival ship. On a good note, I thought the rooms were lovely and the staff were nice and that they had great entertainment for kids.

Loved our cabin. Nothing to say except it was nice and the beds were comfortable. Well appointed.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Loved Cozumel. I would definitely recommend snorkeling.

Costa Maya

I am sure it would have been great but the weather was too bad to dock so we were not able to disembark. I wish there was a n/a option.

Roatan

Great day for the beach. This is a good town to take a bus and see all the people.

5 Helpful Votes