• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Adventure of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
21 Awards

Ok trip on the Adventure but RC needs to get it together

Review for Adventure of the Seas to Canada & New England
mariannitayari
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

I will start by saying we had a good time. A lot of that had to do with simply being on vacation, cruising again and having people caterer to you. However, there were so many issues that make me question whether we had bad luck or RC is cutting costs everywhere.

First, embarkation was a disaster. We were told the system was "down". People were standing outside for hours (11-2:30~ish). Systems crash, I get it, but there should be alternate protocols. Crowds were not happy.

Second, the cabins! We booked very last minute so were stuck with an interior cabin. People are not kidding when they say the mattresses are hard. They are SO uncomfortable we were waking up with aches and pains every day. Our steward did a good job keeping it clean throughout the trip but the rooms are visibly deteriorated. I am not sure if other cabins were refurbished when the ship got its makeover a few years ago but ours was certainly not (with the exception of the carpeting which is updated but SO dirty). The couch was stained and visibly worn. In the past, something like that would have been replaced already.

7 Helpful Votes