• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Glory Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

great to be cruising again

Review for Carnival Glory to the Western Caribbean
ronnie.savoie
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Ocean View

My wife and I have been on 16 cruises each, inclusive of this one. We had a balcony room on Deck 6 fore. The room was excellent, although it lacked air conditioning the first two nights. They made it up by turning the room into a meat locker for the rest of the cruise. Our cabin steward was truly outstanding. We ate breakfast and lunch in the lido buffet restaurant on Deck 9 and dinner in the Platinum dining room, early seating. Our table mates were wonderful. The food on the ship was really good on all occasions, and our waiters were outstanding. Getting on and off the ship in New Orleans and in port was a snap. I've been on Carnival cruises where disembarkation at ports was very disorganized. That was not the case here. The ship's carpet is worn out in some spots in the lido buffet restaurant, and the decor is generally a little on the weird side. The layout of the ship matches the Carnival Triumph, and includes the same garish decor. There was very little jazz music, which I expect, but mention it still. I love the ports. We stopped at Roatán, Belize City and Cozumel. We had two at-sea days at the beginning and one at-sea day at the end. I really like that. It is more restful. What's left? The bars. The bars seemed to stock fewer things than normal, which is probably due to Covid-related shortages that still linger.

Ocean View

Nice size for a cruise ship. I love the lighting.

Port Reviews

Belize City

We went to Birds Isle restaurant, an open air place with great food and reasonable prices.

Cozumel

I love Cozumel. We went by the plaza and ate at a little hole-in-the-wall café.

Roatan

Roatán was my favorite port. We are quite familiar with the island, having stayed there several times. We took a cab to Punta Gorda and ate this seafood soup called "machuca" that we love. It has a coconut milk base, and they give you mashed plantains on the side to mix in the broth, and its packed with seafood goodies like red snapper, conch, shrimp and lobster.

4 Helpful Votes