• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Queen Elizabeth Review

Editor Rating

The cruise failed and so did Cunard

Review for Queen Elizabeth to the Baltic Sea
Roxyroocruiser
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin:

To celebrate my mom's 80th birthday, we booked a cruise. We had booked earlier cruises, but moved to the date in March thinking that we would have a better chance of Covid not impacting our trip. The cruise - the Northern Lights - was marketed as 12 days with 6 days in ports.

Nothing was as expected. Before leaving, I received an email telling me an excursion was canceled. When I went to book the excursion that would have been my second choice, it was full. The online itinerary detailed one day in Alesund, two days in Tromso and Narvik, and one day in Bergen. Online, it showed that excursions would be posted for the second days in Tromso and Narvik.

Once aboard, it became clear that we would not be spending two days in Tromso and Narvik. In Alesund, we spent one day, needing to be back on the ship at 4:30. In both Tromso and Narvik the ship spent the day and left at 1am. To me, this means it was only there one day. At the final port of Bergen, the ship left at 1:30pm so it was there only half a day.

The cabin seemed much smaller than on our previous voyage even though that was a Princess Suite. The layout of the cabin was very unusual and awkward. We were upgraded without a call or questions so I did not have the opportunity to speak with someone about the comparison of the upgrade to our original cabin.

3 Helpful Votes