• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony
Being hauled off to isolation in an elevator marked “For Garbage Use Only”

My wife and I decided that we wanted to take a Med Cruise years ago and had booked a sailing with NCL in May 2020. Obviously, that was cancelled and we were forced to reschedule several times until this sailing took place.

We booked a Spa Suite in the Haven and we very happy with the room and the Haven staff. The concierge, David, was extremely helpful and the bartenders at the lounge are top notch. The Haven Restaurant is also phenomenal and we enjoy most of our meals elsewhere on the boat.

Where the positive experience ended, we when I tested positive for COVID despite being vaccinated and boosted. The NCL enforcement of health and safety protocols are very lax and there are many instances of passengers in areas where masks are “mandatory” not being told to do so. I thought I was doing the responsible thing by requesting a COVID test after a felt congested after a day in port. In retrospect, it was a horrible decision and I wish that I had avoided the headache caused by doing so.

The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony

The Haven Spa Suite was lovely until I was forced to leave it (and my wife) for a tiny prison cell-like room in isolation.

3 Helpful Votes