• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Divina Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Discriminated against because of disability, did NOT get cabin I paid for

Review for MSC Divina to the Bahamas
Rheebok
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Premium Balcony

I had booked a handicap cabin, on the very back of the boat. I did the research and based on the pictures; it was large enough that there was enough room for all my assistance stuff. I checked cabin dimensions, I scoured the internet for photos, I choose cabin 8271 because it had more square footage than the other wheelchair accessible cabins, both in the cabin and the deck. It also, according to the photos I found, had more space in the bathroom so I could bring safety rails for the commode area.

Because my email was deluged with "upgrade your cabin" offers, I called MSC almost daily to make sure the cabin had not been changed. The day before we sailed, I checked and was assured no changes had been made to our reservation. I was looking forward to the cruise. So, May 22, 2022. Get to Port Canaveral @ 11am, the assigned boarding time. Passports, ID, vaccination cards, negative Covid 19 test results in hand. Had all the required paperwork. Check in, no problems, board the ship, I'm greeted and told "oh, we have given you a cabin upgrade! NO! I don't want an upgrade! I want the cabin I booked and paid for! I want cabin 8271!

"Oh, well, the new cabin is 12153. It is a wheelchair accessible cabin on a higher deck. It is the same category as the cabin you booked.

Premium Balcony

Door was wheelchair accessible; balcony was not. Bathroom was not.

11 Helpful Votes