AmaDahlia Review

mcabot
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022

There were 8 of us on this Ama Waterways river cruise put on by Wings travel… mostly family with some of our party 70+. We actually started the package in Cairo visiting the Museums and Giza Pyramids before we flew to Luxor where the cruise actually embarks.

Cairo / Giza is an amazing city but a little dirty and highly polluted which should surprise no one since there are 28 million people living there. We were met at the airport by our cruise manger named Chedi you become your best friend and you will find to be simply amazing. Chedi helped us through customs and the mandatory Covid testing, check in at the hotel and deals with the little things brilliantly. Then it was straight to the Four Seasons where Ama Waterways has a small HQ set up to manage the 3 day land portion before flying to Luxor. Our stay at the Four Seasons was amazing I loved the entire place. Great food amazing pool and luxury all the way-at Four Seasons... and tight security at the hotel and on each trip even during the cruise... and frankly, everywhere… if you have an inkling about safety put it to rest this was VERY safe. I am a retired police officer so believe me, I was looking. This trip is VERY organized and ON TIME everywhere.

We met our Guide named Mohammed who quite frankly could be the most knowledgeable and articulate man I have met in my life. His grasp of Egyptology, politics and the social climate of Cairo and Egypt is nothing less than astounding and he has a wonderful dry sense of humor. Frankly, he should be teaching Indiana Jones type classes at an American University somewhere, yes he is that good. The tour busses for commuting are high end, and very clean and cool A/C. Mohammed took us to the Pyramids and the Museum for our two land trips and they were flawless. They have the typical earphone system to listen to the guide which works well. Our guide let us wander nd did not micro-manage, just kept his purple flag up and made sure we could here all of the important stuff.

Rooms are nice with couch and desk 2 tvs and the A/C is adjustable by the bed and runs cool because it is VERY hot in Egypt. Some days we were at 116f. Two sinks in bathroom and nice shower. Great views and a nice little deck. Housekeeping had smiles and were the most charming young men... impeccable.

32 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.