Crown Princess Review

baileyad
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Balcony

I chose Princess because of their reputation for Alaska cruises. Prior to booking in January 2021 (16 months in advance) I did extensive research on Cruise Critic, the Princess site, and others. I had cruised many times before on Disney, Royal Caribbean. and Carnival, but this was a new-to-me line and destination. My original booking was on Emerald Princess (sister ship). Our itinerary was moved to the Crown 3 months after I booked, but the Crown really wasn’t in shape to ship.

I was beyond excited to see Alaska! I was most looking forward to our excursions. I booked the helicopter flighseeing tour with a 2 hour/2 mile glacier hike in Juneau and the White Pass Summit Railroad in Skagway.

I was on the 5/7 Crown, the first sailing in 26 months. Ten days prior to sailing I received an email that due to an engine issue that would not impact safety the stop in Ketchikan was being canceled and replaced with a stop at Icy Strait Point on our way out of Glacier Bay. This was ok for us as we didn’t have any excursions planned in Ketchikan. We had planned to hike on our own and we could do that pretty much anywhere. I later learned this was a known issue in early 2020.

Balcony

Our cabin was nice, the balcony a life-saver since we had to spend so much time onboard. Our safe wouldn’t lock, but they came right away with new batteries. Our toilet didn’t flush right away, sometimes not flushing until 20 minutes after we pressed the button. It was just inconvenient for us. We had eaten with other cruisers who didn’t have hot water or had sewage backup, so really not complaining about our situation.

Port Reviews

Glacier Bay

We chose this particular itinerary so we could cruise through Glacier Bay NP and were blessed with a clear sunny day. It was incredible to see the glaciers and the calving of the ice.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $128

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.