• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity Constellation Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Overall Good Service, but......

Review for Celebrity Constellation to the Eastern Mediterranean
Pacific Rim
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Aqua Class Balcony

We have sailed Celebrity for many years and the main reason we are loyal to Celebrity is Service, attentive staff, courteous, ship is well maintained and visibility of Senior Officers and I love how all staff members greet you.

This cruise was good, but I noticed some of why I am loyal to Celebrity was not to the standard I am used to.

The staff in Blu was very nice, but they seemed to be short staffed and many nights, individuals were pulled in to help. We saw our waiter a couple of times through out the evening, but not to the level we are used to. Maybe they booked Aqua class 100%, but not the staff. The food was Blu, but I noticed the cut of beef were very thin and skimpy.

Aqua Class Balcony

The Celebrity Constellation has not been Revolutionized totally. Some of the public areas have been updated, but staterooms are the same.

We had the Sunset room in Aqua Class, enjoyed the extra space on the balcony.

Our stateroom attendant, Franco was outstanding. Our cabin was well maintained, quickly and Franco was very friendly, attentive and took care of us.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

We had a rough start with our flight (damaged luggage, plane doors jammed and very long lines going through customs (2 hrs).

We used a transportation company J&G Elegance Cars (transport to hotel from airport and to ship terminal).....great service, communication and when obstacles occurred they were right there to assist you. I would highly recommend.

We also used Spain Day Tours for our private group tour to Montserrat & Cava tour....exceptional guide, driver and experience.I also love how easy it is to communicate back and forth with the company.

Koper

OMG...A must see this beautiful country. The tour company was Outstanding, "Istranka Tours" (http://www.istrankatours.com), we selected Lake Bled & Ljubljana Private Tour. Great communication with Ivan, he answered my many questions about tours, options available and what was realistic based on our time in port. He even contacted us to see if we were flexible to add 2 more people to our group because 4 of the group of 6 cancelled. Our guide and driver were "outstanding", great English, knowledge of country, surrounding area and willing to work with us based on the mix of people (walking and time for extras ie lunch and free time). Not only is the country beautiful, but the tour received rave reviews from those who part of our group.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

This was our 2nd time rising Rome...my husband after the 1st visit would say "I hate Rome". Well after our great tour he says "I actually enjoyed our visit to Rome" Hallelujah!!!!!

We chose a private company, Joe Banana Limos & Travel (info@joebananalimos.net). I was suspicious of the name, but after much research the reviews were very good, they even have a toll free # +1 888-727-4707. Our tour was the Best of Rome with Vatican & Colosseum guide/tickets. Our contact was Cindy (originally from US), which made it very easy to communicate via email and phone. Our guide and driver "Emaneula and Marco" were outstanding...Emanuela was very informative, fun and sensitive to the needs of a couple of people in our group. The driver Marco, OMG his skill in maneuvering around Rome was unbelievable, he was about 10m from van to Trevi Fountain. We were able to tour the Colosseum, Roman Forum (in detail), Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel, drive by major monuments and have time for gelato and get us back to the ship in plenty of time.

Taranto seems to be a new port for Celebrity/cruise ships. Celebrity did not offer tours until a couple of months before we sailed. I checked out the Trip Advisor/Viator and had trouble deciding what to do or who. We found a great company at the last minute who offers discounts and great pricing if booked early . They offer many options to change itinerary to your needs and time schedule. We chose the tour "Alberobello's Trulli with Mozzarella Demo/Tasting and Wine tour/tasting. Another great company to tour with, "francesca@toursofpuglia.com". They created us outside of gate in a very clean and comfortable van. Our guide "Antonio" and driver "Pino" were very helpful, informative and flexible with our needs . Plus sensitive to return to ship on time.

At this port we did not depart off the ship until about 45min. after due to water level (had to move ramp from deck 1 to deck 2.

8 Helpful Votes