• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Cruisepartner for life
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin:

Chose this cruise 6 weeks prior to departure. For us it was just a matter of comfort level and risk we were willing to take once we saw how COVID was coming out of winter. Wife and I have stuck with Norwegian and RC over the 8 cruises we did. Nothing on this cruise changed my opinion of RC in terms of using again.

We were on this same ship in 2014 so we knew what we were getting in terms of amenities. Part of the reason also for going back was that if a Port was closed due to COVID ,there would be things to do on board. Ports were all open for this cruise.

I'm going to say that this cruise was slightly, and when I say slightly I mean slightly, a notch below what we are used to on RC. Here's the thing though, I had realistic expectations going in. I knew there would be a slight drop coming out of COVID and the fact that most cruise lines are adjusting with staff numbers and new staff brought on. Most industries shut down through COVID are going to require some time to get back to normal.

7 Helpful Votes