• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Valor Review

Editor Rating
10 Awards

Lovely, relaxing time on a tidy ship with a well-organized crew

Review for Carnival Valor to the Western Caribbean
IslandHppy
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2022
Cabin: Ocean View
MDR- well run and efficient
Salsa bar mmm
No shortage of deck spaces

It was time to get back to cruising - we drove this time - parking was literally above the terminal. Pre-trip testing was a worry, but the combination of eMed proctored test kits and Verifly made it easy. Take pictures of vaccine cards and test results and they review them- green check marks are good. Check in was super-fast and easy. No waiting or lines.

We were avoiding packed indoor settings - many meals and coffee/tea could be had on the pool decks- the Cantina was a standout. The tortillas are made by a machine right there - and cannot be fresher. Our steward was very nice and even brought in our luggage. We discovered some lovely deck spaces - Ten Port was amazing- wide, teak and bits of shade and nice chairs or loungers.

I forgot to check our MDR seating we were at a table of eight- not good. So they found us a table for two :) The MDR team was friendly and speedy. I saw them the next day on the pool deck- they remembered our names. That felt very high end. I love Eggs Benedict that was available in the buffet or in the MDR "brunch" service.

Ocean View

Aft lower outside. Roomy, quiet. Plenty of storage. A bit of rumble when docking and at certain speeds. Nice view aft. Lovely couch. Pillow top bed a bit squishy for us. Epic steward. One outlet in the cabin proper- bring a three-way adapter not a surge power strip those are a documented fire hazard.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

I visited the little port area shopping mall and walked abound. I did not take a tour. It felt safe.

4 Helpful Votes