• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Balcony

First I've cruised with Princess 17 times. I've always enjoyed the cruises. This cruise was a disaster from start to finish.I am slightly disabled and need a wheelchair to get on the ship. It wasn't there although it was requested. The line to get onboard was miles long and not moving. I don't know what the issue was. My steward informed me that they only cleaned the room once a day now. That's okay, but where are the chocolats every night. The Medallion has problems on this ship. It didn't always work and that became a frustration. Also, though we received an email stating we would be recompensed for days the WIFI did not work, that did not happen as far as I can see. The food was hit or miss. You sometimes got a really nice meal, and other times it was medium to bad. I ordered steak and fries from Room Service and I told them I wanted the steak blue (Very Rare) . It was raw and cold when I got it. I sent it back and got a very good steak in return.

The biggest issue I have is that we were tested before we left the ship. I had gotten Covid. I didn't have symptoms, but I understood I couldn't get on a plane with it. We were rounded up, taken to hotels (Some got the Radison) We got the IBIS. We were dumped. We got a piece of paper the next day giving us a number to call to rebook our flights, but it didn't work as instructed. You had to hit another option to speak to someone. WIFI didn't work for several days at the hotel either, which with the expense of roaming charges was frustrating as well. We saw no one from Princess the entire week (I had to stay 9 days).

I'm hoping that this was a one-off because my family and I are taking a cruise in October to the Meditteranean (SP) The Emerald is an old ship and she wasn't refurbished. It's a shame.

Balcony

The cabin was fine. It had a great balcony and I enjoyed it.

Port Reviews

Lisbon

Nice city, clean and seems very family friendly

2 Helpful Votes