• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Oceanview

This was our first Alaskan cruise but 2nd cruise with Princess. The ship was sailing way too fast on days 1 and 2, and also on day 9 and 10. Crew and staff were both swaying when they walked, didn't matter what part of the ship you were on. Our cabin was on mid-ship/lower deck which is supposed to get the least impact, but needless-to-say, I was seasick for the entire cruise, so was my husband and son. Some staff told us they fell out of their beds at night. Don't get me started about what trying to use the restroom was like during that time. So much for our dream vacation!

My first cruise on the Ruby Princess years ago was nothing like this. It was smooth sailing. So I'm not sure what happened this time. This was the family's first Alaskan cruise so I was very disappointed and highly upset. I complained many times about this to the front desk but nothing changed.

Aside from the ship rocking too much, one of the supervisors from the buffet dining room made an extremely rude comment to me when I asked about a drink. Maybe he was having a bad day.

Oceanview

I loved that everything was cleaned everyday when we came back to our rooms but my sheets were always a tangled mess underneath the comforter. I didn't want to add to the steward's workload, so I didn't say anything. I would just remake my bed everyday.

The cabin was great and the view was spectacular from our cabin.

previous reviewnext review