• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

Worst cruise I’ve ever been on.

Review for Emerald Princess to Transatlantic
pdretiree2008
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Interior

Ship was understaffed. Food was the worst quality on a cruise that I’ve ever had, tough steaks, overcooked fish, sauces that were gelatinous and unpalatable. Breakfast buffet servers routinely ignored passengers causing lines. Total fiasco at Southampton on May 1 causing numerous passengers to miss flights. It was as if they had never operated a cruise during Covid. Passengers staying onboard were scheduled for customs at the same time as disembarking passengers who also were scheduled that morning for Covid testing. Over 200 passengers were taken off the ship that day and placed in quarantine in Southampton. Communication from the officers to passengers was virtually non-existent. Before my disembarkation on May 9, we were refused a Covid test because our flight to the USA was on May 10. We went directly to testing after leaving the ship, where I tested positive for Covid. No on-going support from Princess because I didn’t test positive on the ship. The crew, servers and room stewards, were wonderful and hard-working. Ship officers, not so much at all.

Interior

Room steward was excellent.

previous reviewnext review