• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

lindadbrill
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

My husband and I have cruised on Carnival 8 times and in the past we really enjoyed it. Before this last cruise we had a bad experience, this was before Covid. Because of the bad experience we chose not to cruise for awhile plus Covid happened. I felt with all the Covid shots we had received it was safe enough to cruise again. My husband has dementia and I wanted to take him on a cruise while he was still able to do so. We were so excited about going. I will try to keep it short. The entertainment couldn't even be classified as entertainment. It consisted of 5 people sitting on a stool singing off key. No production, just off key singing. I am not the only person who complained about this. The food served on the buffet was barely warm and not much variety. Thank heaven Guys Burgers was open or we would have gone hungry. The only meal that was ok was breakfast and it was also barely warm. Next, the casino. If you needed assistance it didn't exist. The only good thing about the ship was our room steward. He was aware of my husbands diabetes and made sure his insulin was kept cold. He took very good care of us. I will go on a cruise again but it will not be Carnival.

We had a king size bed which in the middle of the night separated and my husband fell down the middle.

One day we had to evacuate our room due to fumes that smelled like turpentine. The situation was quickly taken care of and as an apology they gave my husband who is diabetic a platter of choc dipped strawberries. Ummm, did I mention strawberries are not good for diabetics?

2 Helpful Votes