• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

We wanted to go to Alaska from San Francisco. Alaska and San Francisco were awesome. The major issue with our cruise was the Medallion App and its poor performance. First, you HAVE to use it for many functions such as viewing your Folio. Although this is an option on your TV it refers you to the app. That happens a lot. It is constantly freezing up, has to be reloaded, staff has issues with it, etc. It has made the cruise experience very impersonal. The app is so integral to even boarding the ship and issues started while trying to use the app at home. We had to load and reload a few times at home to be able to complete all the preboarding check marks. On board it is worse. It couldn't locate shipmates accurately, the staff often just asked for our room numbers because their units kept saying "loading" as did ours. We loaded and unloaded the app several times. The other issues were timeliness of service at Da Vinci's at night. Our first night it took us three hours just to complete dinner. I asked for a salad ..... just a plain salad and was told no. The food was either hit or miss. Crown Grill was a huge disappointment and something I wish I hadn't paid for. Sabatini's was EXCELLENT and I would highly recommend it. Lots of the excursions were cancelled and we had to go to the excursion desk to get it all settled.

People were so frustrated with the app that it is affecting the overall experience. I hope they fix it. The ship and people were great.

Room was spacious, fresh and clean. Fridge didn't work.

5 Helpful Votes