• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

marsieb
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Explorer Suite

I loved the itinerary. I enjoyed the excursions and our post excursion stay at the Four Seasons in Budapest could not have been better. I LOVED the crew. I hated the noise in the Explorer Suite, #341, on the Var! It sounded like a jet was landing on top of us and the vibration was so severe it had glasses clinking on the furniture. The Viking staff was incredibly helpful and responsive and since the ship was not completely full they provided us with an additional "sleeping room" in a nearby French balcony cabin. The Var's Explorer Suite also looked and felt a bit dated with few electrical outlets, no non-fog mirrors in the bathroom, and a tired looking carpet. We are booked on a Viking ocean cruise in 2023 (all new ships) and are planning another river cruise in 2024 but will only sail on one of the newer longships. I strongly recommend avoiding Var's aft cabins...

Explorer Suite

Port Reviews

Budapest

We specifically chose Viking's Romantic Danube cruise since we wanted to stay on extra days in Budapest. We would also like to highly recommend the Pomo Doro restaurant which is very near the Chain Bridge and the Four Seasons where we stayed. Had the very best pizza there; better than any other we have ever tasted!

1 Helpful Vote