• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

The cruise was as expected with one exception described below. The itinerary was excellent and the staff was outstanding.

Review for Emerald Princess to Transatlantic
skysurgeon
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

The exception to the quality of this cruise was the internet. I have over 600 days on Princess, and I have grown up with the internet service beginning with 2 computers in a closet about 25 years ago. This time, the internet was available, but the speed was the worst imaginable. You are used to a speed of over 100mbs. The speed of this connection was 5KBS. It would load email if you left it on overnight. However, you could not send a reply. Loading an attachment was impossible. I asked the passenger service desk about the issue, and, with a straight face, the man said that the satellite had moved. The next day, they said it would be available at 2pm. Of course, it never came up. Fortunately, I had a hotspot on my phone and that worked in port. However, as this was a crossing, the first six days had no reception. I am in business and I depend on the internet for checking on bank accounts and on my office. This cruise was very disappointing regarding communication concerning the internet service.

If you need the internet, do not choose the Emerald Princess.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Port Reviews

We enjoy crossings and we have been on several.

Cherbourg

One of the reasons that we chose this cruise was to visit the beaches at Normandy. It was an awe-inspiring experience.

3 Helpful Votes