• Newsletter

PNWSon
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2021
Cabin: Balcony
Me at Starbucks, not on the cruise

I chose this cruise solely for the itinerary, because it started and stopped at all ports I had never been to: It left San Juan, then to ORANJESTAD, ARUBA. then to WILLEMSTAD, NETHERLAND ANTILLES; was scheduled to go to St Georges, Grenada, but this was the start of Omicron and even though all passengers had been tested negative for Covid-19 in San Juan before boarding, Grenada said all passengers would have to test negative again, so the Captain said see-ya, and we took a sea day instead and headed towards St Lucia. Last port was BASSETERRE, SAINT KITTS - NEVIS. of course we were refunded for the shore excursions booked at Grenada, plus refunded the port fees, which was really nice of NCL, as most would not know to ask for that.

As the title said, this cruise had a dedicated solo cruisers organizer, plus I the first dinner met up with a generous man who had earned multiple guest passes for Specialty restaurants, so I had my 2 that came with this cruise, then he shared 2, so I was able to eat at 4 out of the 5 Specialty restaurants.

What was good: About a month before departure the price had dropped so far that I was upgraded from a solo room to a balcony suite, which I had never had before, plus a $133 refund.

Balcony