• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ambience Review

Editor Rating

Very friendly and efficient crew.

Review for Ambience to the British Isles & Western Europe
Chamole
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

Norwegian Fjord beauty in the Spring was my initial choice but it was also a trial cruise for me as a single. The crew organised 3 meetings onboard for singles and this was very helpful. However as an over 50’s cruise everyone I met was very open and friendly.

The crew were very friendly and efficient and this is a strength that I praise Ambassador for. There were teething problems on the ship and some facilities were not yet open i.e. the hot tubs and gym studio. There were also intermittent problems with the vacuum sewage system - particularly on one deck - although Ambassador have recognised this and have offered compensation to those worst affected.

I believe some of the excursions offered were overpriced. I only joined one as some quick research using Google Earth satisfied me that I could view what I wanted to see without the cost.

It was ideal for me although the window had a restricted view which I was not expecting. It was the storage place for some sort of gantry used by painters and window cleaners. The window was dirty and this was a general gripe among passengers. The bed was very comfortable and the shower excellent.

9 Helpful Votes