• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

col2or
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2022
Cabin: Penthouse Suite

This was my third Oceania cruise; Marina 2011, Riviera 2016, and Riviera 2022, and we have a planned Vista in 2023. I enjoy the country-club casual vibe of Oceania -- ship decor, outstanding artwork at every turn, and overall attitude. The crew is exceptional in professional service and friendliness. The food offerings are varied and there is something for everyone, although I was less impressed with the overall preparation in Red Ginger and the Main Dining Room this time. My favorite was Jacques (scallops and the apple cider brined pork chop were outstanding!). I used the fitness center daily and the coach recommended a regime based on my needs. Additionally, I really enjoyed the Artist Loft and learned a lot from the artist-in-residence (get there early the day of sign-up because seats go fast)! Too busy to sample afternoon tea, but maybe next time. I did not attend any evening entertainment due to the late start time of 9:30pm. Wish there were earlier performances!

Penthouse Suite

Suite: Although the suite was very comfortable -- bed, linens, furniture, large walk-in closet, plenty of storage space, bathroom & amenities, balcony -- I DO NOT recommend staterooms in this location!! The suite is right across from the staff work/linen/storage room and they start working/vacuuming as early as 7:15am. This is not shown on any deck plans on the Oceania site or other deck plan website. I don't know if the location is the same on other decks. I brought up the early work (noise) start time to steward/butler, to include the housekeeping director, but not much could be changed due to ship scheduling!

3 Helpful Votes