CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

I'm only giving this 3 stars because it was excellent value for money (ie cheap) but almost everything about Princess and the ship, in general, was a bit of a disaster. I was glad there was room for 1000 more guests as that kept the ship bearable. I would like to see this ship full! Despite not having a full ship the service was terrible, with a lack of trained staff in way too many areas. OK, I'll try and be more positive, but when the cabin attendant explains there is only one service of the stateroom I was surprised, I am a very frequent cruiser and that was my first experience of this. OK, the room was still kept clean. Particular areas where chaos rained were the pool burger bar, where you ordered one thing and they were served something completely different at the collection point, my experience here twice was 75% of people were getting the wrong stuff, the International Cafe also seemed overwhelmed on too many occasions, my only good experience here was when a senior member of staff was standing outside and taking orders to get things moving. Food in all the venues I visited was way too hit and miss, but avoid getting the special of the day at breakfast as my experience was terrible for that food, how on earth can Princess manage both cold and overcooked at the same time! Medalion... ah, well give up on that one! This was my worst experience of WiFi ever at sea, the App did work on two occasions during my 7 days - yes for ten minutes! I couldn't send a photo let alone a video. Visited all the support you could get on the ship, it wasn't me, the system just wasn't working. If I had paid anywhere near full price for this cruise, I couldn't rate this experience as 1 star, but as it was bonkers cheap and the drinks were actually good as were all the bar staff (there, I'm ending positively) I have rated this 3, but sorry Princess, this could be the last of my 4 cruises with you! Oh and I had a cabin that had bunk bed, rather dangerously placed and protruding into the space above the bed, avoid these cabins if you are two singles..

I don't like this trend to have all your clothes on show with open wardrobes, our cabin was for multiple occupancies and I'd avoid if you are two singles.

Port Reviews

Athens (Piraeus)

Athens is great but you don't see the city if you go straight to the port. Didn't like embarcation Covid tests getting lost etc, but this was the Port Authority not princess..

2 Helpful Votes