• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Britannia Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Enjoyable cruise - reached our expectations

Review for Britannia to Europe
PG101
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:
Vegan pudding - chocolate brownie with raspberry sorbet.
Chocolate tart, again vegan
Cabin set up for twin beds

Overall - we felt that P&O delivered on their promises, and provided good value for money. There were some small issues, however the impression we came away with was a positive one.

Arrival - I’m aware that COVID arrivals are changing so this won’t be relevant for long, but we arrived early and went through the testing queues quickly. It was about 45 mins from the porters taking our bags to stepping on board. The first thing you do now is go and check in at your muster station (safety video watched later in cabin). This is a bit weird as we had no sense of where we were, but it did get it out of the way.

Food - I’m lactose intolerant and I found P&O to be superb with dietary requirements. I didn’t have a single incident, though towards the end I had to send 2 dishes back as they were the wrong ones (understaffed Main Dining Room on black tie evenings). That was okay for me, but with an allergy could have been disastrous. A huge shout out to the vegan chefs who produced stunning puddings every meal. The head chef also spoke to me every day to see if I wanted to pre-order special food the next day. I felt safe and cared for.

very comfortable. The bed was just right for me. No real discernible noise from neighbours.

Down side - the balcony is a bit narrow for a suite. There are no shelves or drawers in the loo (if you ask why is this necessary, think about where a woman is meant to put her feminine hygiene products).

Upside - still get the old fashioned service of turndown service, chocolates, breakfast in Epicurean, canapés in the evening. Nice.

previous reviewnext review