• Newsletter
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Bellissima Review

Editor Rating

Nice ship! But very bad hospitality

Review for MSC Bellissima to the Middle East
Roma-pescara
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Where do I start this was day on the ship. Reception is impersonal. No one to welcome you, no host, nothing at all. You just have to figure it out yourself. I don't feel welcome.

Then our suitcases where lost. Nobody doing anything. Called and they say my apologies and they do nothing. After walking around for a long time, we found ourselves a suitcase in another room. The second suitcase with all our stuff is still gone. My son has to enter the restaurant with wet clothes. I ask for a solution, even if it is a dry shirt. Totally no cooperation and again the standard sentence. My apologies and find out for yourself. After a lot of phone calls, discussion and a bad atmosphere, they start looking. We have pictures of the suitcases so everyone knows what they look like. We are hours later and the children are without food. We where told they left the suitcase in an elevator somewhere. Then you come to the restaurant. Another discussion because we are late. I explain that the suitcases were lost by the staff. The answer: I'm from the restaurant and I have nothing to do with suitcases. Really very rude. After this experience my patience has run out. We arrive at an empty restaurant. I ask for a good table after all this misery. But we are being pushed into a corner. After much discussion, a table by the window with the conditions that this would be a one time and that we must be satisfied. Again really rude. My goodness where is the Italian hospitality and my irritation is growing. As a staff please try to put yourself in the position of the other. Been on many cruises but this one is awful. It looks like a bad school camp. Only I am not a child but a guest. Then you think it would be nice to have a drink on the deck. It looks like a Bollywood movie with that music. Nice for an evening but not really for Europeans. Let's see how the cruise continues but so far it's bad. Do not ask any questions, because everywhere they say call 99, both at the front desk, restaurant, etc. And if you do, you are at the beginning again. After this mistake I really expect a sincere apology. Someone who called the restaurant and said that we are coming and that they should treat us well because a lot has already gone wrong. It's just outrageous.

Then there are little things. The pool is with such a chlorine it will burn your skin. My kids get red spots. We have just come from a hotel and this was not there at all. I wanted to order something but that's not allowed at the bar, while I see everyone doing that. After 30 minutes I have to go to the bar again because there is no one to take the order. The food in the canteen is of very cheap quality. You ask for a meat burger and you get a chicken burger. The food in the restaurant is very tasty but seriously little. Pasta is not a main course at all but an appetizer. Also, don't be tempted by taking a more expensive package like we have because they really don't do anything with it. After this Corona crisis I expected that everyone would just do their best with full force to give someone a nice holiday. Actually you are not welcome. When you book you will be given the seat choice for the restaurant. Note that they do not take this into account at all. Result discussion number…, Just explain why it has been changed. Honestly say the late seat is full despite the booking and someone offer a nice table?

7 Helpful Votes