• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Azamara Quest Review

Editor Rating
84 Awards

Hit or miss food, inattentive cabin staff

Review for Azamara Quest to the British Isles & Western Europe
BostonGCC
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Mar 2022
Cabin: Club Veranda Stateroom

I chose this cruise for its North African itinerary which was changed at the last moment, when Morocco closed its ports to cruise ships. This was probably the biggest factor in my disappointment. I also had very high expectations for this cruise line, based on reviews. However, I found the food in the main dining room to be a real letdown (especially the bread, desserts, and ice cream). The Prime C (steak house) menu of the day was taken directly from Aqualina, the Italian specialty dining venue next door. Odd. The complimentary wines and spirits were well-chosen but the wines were served rather too cold. Our cabin was seldom made up in a timely fashion. The entertainment seemed to me monotonous and not to cater to a range of tastes.

Guest services did not respond to my mid-cruise survey, mentioning these issues, nor have I heard from Azamara since returning. I conclude that they do not care about passengers.

That said, the ship is exquisite and the staff by and large very kind and genuine.

Club Veranda Stateroom

Cabins are small, to be expected, given the history of the R-class ships. They are well-appointed but seating in our cabin was not at all comfortable. The tiny showers did not bother us particularly and the bathrooms were elegant, with excellent toileltries.

1 Helpful Vote