• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Emerald Princess Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

Spent half the cruise in isolation due to covid.

Review for Emerald Princess to the Caribbean
ArthurPutman
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Balcony

We choose this cruise because it was going to two islands that we had not been to before. Before the cruise started those islands were substituted with other islands that we had been to many times. To start we were late leaving Fort Lauderdale because of problems with the ship. We also had problems at the first three islands we visited with one being a fuel delivery problem. The fuel was supposed to be there in the morning and did not arrive until we were supposed to leave port. Seven days into a 14-day cruise, I got covid. I had felt bad and called medical for a test. Bad news, I had covid but my wife did not. They separated us with me in isolation and her in quarantine. Twenty minutes to pack all my stuff and off to the isolation floor (deck 14) where I had a balcony cabin equal to the one I had had on deck 12.

My wife was asked to wait on the balcony while the entire room was sanitized and linens changed. The first night in my cabin the air did not work and the next day I was moved to another balcony cabin where my wife joined me after she tested positive. We were isolated for the remainder of the cruise and eat food from room service and drinks from our dring package. At the end of our cruise, we were removed from the ship in a separate exit from other guests and taken to a hotel to isolate ourselves until we could (under CDC rules) fly home. 10 days after testing positive we flew home. We did have travel insurance and waiting on our claim to be settled. Princess handled the entire experience very professionally and we had no problems during isolation except our account had problems tieing itself to our TV in our room, but it was finally fixed after three days.

Balcony

Everyone we were in contact with had air problems on the ship and our shower water was too hot and could not be cooled. The cabin and ship were old and need to be renovated.

1 Helpful Vote