• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

WeirdoWolfie
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Aqua Class

Chose Celebrity because I had always heard how wonderful they were and we were looking for a quick getaway. The moment we entered our cabin we noticed a horrible odor coming from the bathroom. We assumed it would subside, but it did not. It literally made us sick to our stomachs. We thought about changing to another stateroom, but I smelled the same odor in one of the public restrooms as well and at that point realized it was a problem everywhere on the ship. It was like raw sewage.

I have been on many other cruise lines and this is the first time I have experienced anything so foul. We ended up showering in the spa just so we would not have to spend a lengthy amount of time in our cabin bathroom.

Some of the main areas of the ship smelled musty like old hotels that used to allow smoking. Very disappointed since this ship was supposed to have been completely gutted and remodeled in 2019. I have since read reviews from many years ago stating that The Summit has had this sewage smell all along. They need to just scrap this boat if they cannot get rid of the stench. It is criminal that they actually continue to take people's money and subject them to the odor. I feel duped!!! Will Never sail Celebrity again.

Aqua Class

Cabin was bleak - nothing outstanding and felt stale. Horrible odor kept us from using our own bathroom. Had been told that Aqua Class had special showers in the rooms and diffusers in room with spa type scents. This was not the case. There was absolutely nothing special about the cabin. Thank God we were Aqua Class and could shower in the spa because our room's bathroom odor was truly horrendous.

2 Helpful Votes