• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Getaway Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

I almost kissed the filthy NYC ground upon my return just because I was grateful to be off that boat.

Review for Norwegian Getaway to Bermuda
allytully
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

NEVER AGAIN TL;DR understaffed, overbooked, disorganized, rude, horrendous service, erroneous charges

This was my first cruise. My mother bought it as a gift for my sister's 50th birthday, which was in 2020. Obviously we couldn't go then, so we decided to do it now. First problem was the Bermuda Travel authority which needed to approve your application before you could board the ship. Clearly they did not have their side of it together either and my mother did not have her approval until I called and got the man, I waited 1hr and 30mins to talk to, to manually approve it. My mother tried calling and they hung up on her after she waited 3 hours on hold. My sister, for whom we were taking the trip, ended up testing positive for Covid19. Not Norwegian's fault but it was a huge bummer. My brother and parents flew/drove from various locations (florida, Virginia, and Chicago) just to go on this cruise. The day of embarkment we signed up for 1pm to board the ship and we showed up early. We were very excited and in a great mood. Our happiness slowly chipped away as we waited for 6 HOURS to board the ship. My parents are in their 70s and have health issues, standing up for this amount of time was less than ideal. There was no organization and nobody directing traffic. There were about 10 people working at the desks for the Bermuda travel authority check and about the same amount working the desks for Norwegian. There were about 4,500 passengers waiting in line. It was a disorganized debacle but at least all the workers were rude!

Six hours later we board the ship. We take deep breaths and find the bar. Kenny, the bartender, was a superstar and too kind. Literally everyone was talking about how awful getting on this ship was. Most cruise line veterans said this was the WORST experience they ever had on a cruise ship.

I was supposed to share my cabin with my sister so it was large. I had a tub and a detachable shower head. It was pretty nice. I was on deck 5, though and could hear all the loud banging.

Port Reviews

Norfolk

Because embarkment took 6 hours, we missed this port.

5 Helpful Votes