• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Norwegian Getaway Review

Editor Rating
8 Awards

Stay away from a Getaway!

Review for Norwegian Getaway to Bermuda
CruiserOne123
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

My husband and I took about 30 cruises with different cruise companies and Norwegian Getaway was the worst experience in cruising we ever had! First of all, the embarkation was horrible! Even though we completed all paperwork and uploaded negative Covid test results, pictures, etc prior to embarkation, it took us 6 and a half hours to get onboard! After standing 3 hours outside in the cold, there were another 3 and a half hours to get our cabin key cards! There were no people to set expectations or to explain why we had to wait so long to board the ship. There were some travelers with diabetes who were almost fainting waiting on line. There was an extreme shortage of staff on board and the lines were unbelievable! In addition, the staff was not prepared to handle 4000 passengers and as a result, were frustrated and rude to passengers. The disembarkation was extremely disorganized and took more than 2 hours. There were lines after lines and no apologizes were issued. I think this was my last time ever taking The Norwegian cruise company.

The cabin was small - we chose the inside category but the bed was ok

8 Helpful Votes