• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Jewel of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
15 Awards

Will never travel RCL again!

Review for Jewel of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
Golfeline
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Junior Suite Accessible
Large desk area with plenty of storage and flat screen TV

I would rather get a root canal then travel on this ship ever again or in fact any Royal ship. I felt it was worse than Carnival. Low budget with rude families that thought they were home in the ship's lounges - barefoot! No following the dress of the evening: Formal meant hats, shorts, no collared shirts and sneakers!!! No one said a word to these people from RCL! THIS WAS THE WORSE 6 DAY CRUISE I HAVE EVER TAKEN.

We had a "roll-up" cabin in which we paid an uptick fee. That allowed us a Jr Suite that was right under the pool deck. It was so noisy I had to get my earplugs and down a bottle of aspirin. One-night RCL thought it a good idea to have a party up there (right above our heads) from 10 PM to 1 AM. between the boom, boom, boom and chairs being slid across the deck and running and screaming, a trip overboard was in my sights.

There was no social distancing, and we all touched the same utensil to serve ourselves from the buffet. I had sterilized wipes and used a whole package before disembarking. The stewards did not sanitize the tables. Used the same cloth to wipe down used tables. Lounge chairs were right next to each other (touching in places) Lack of crew members was evident because there was no one to ask a question to. No omelet station or pasta station. Food was almost the same every day in the Windjammer.

Junior Suite Accessible

Large cabin, lots of storage space, walk in closet, bed comfortable and a coffee maker with all the fixins every day replenished. EXCEPT FOR THE NOISE ALL HOURS OF THE DAY AND NIGHT. STAY AWAY FROM DECK 10.

Port Reviews

Bimini

Not much to see.

Costa Maya

Small area for thousands of passengers from 4 ships! OMG!

Cozumel

Walking around gets you to be solicited to. Just another Caribbean port = same as all the rest. I'm over it.

4 Helpful Votes