• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Liberty of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

Great cruise, but ship is aging!

Review for Liberty of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
TexasCruisers2015
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

This was our 3rd or 4th time on Liberty of the Seas since it began sailing out of Galveston. We may have been the first vaccinated guests who were not required to wear masks indoors. We felt very safe. There are hand sanitizing stations everywhere. But beware, everyone serves themselves in the Windjammer, so everyone’s hands are touching the serving utensils. We just sanitized again after filling our plates.

There are many, many great things about this ship, but I will just mention a few cons for those who may be considering sailing soon. First thing I noticed on the pool deck: The huge outdoor LED screen was covered and unusable. A crew member told me it hasn’t worked for 5 months (unconfirmed). This was disappointing, as there were no movies under the stars or music videos. The Tidal Wave water experience was closed all week. Some parts of the children's waterpark are closed part of the day, I assume to give the lifeguards a break. All pools have lifeguards, hence restricted hours.

Bring your own shampoo and conditioner. There is a single dispenser in the shower labeled “Shampoo & Body Wash.” Who knows what it actually is! I asked for shampoo from my cabin steward and he kindly gave me tubes of real shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. No lotion provided in the bathrooms any more.

We had an inside cabin.