• Newsletter

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin: Balcony
The Gem in Norfolk VA
The buffet food was delicious every day.

We decided to book a cruise late minute and found 5 day NCL Gem to Bermuda. Despite of the stress in dealing with the Bermuda travel authority we boarded the ship as normal. We expected a long process to board being our first cruise since the restart but it was quick. The Gem is a smaller ship so everything was close and convenient. The live bands were great especially Natural Mystic in the Magnum bar. What a show these guys gave us with singing and dancing. They had a loyal following whenever they played. They were the best entertainer on the ship. Next would be piano music with Carlos. The performance in the stardust theatre was mediocre at best except for the arcobats. This was the first time I ate dinner twice in the buffet. The food was hot and delicious but no steak knives to cut our steak with. My husband had a seafood paella in the Megenta dinning room that looked more like a soup. It was oily and watery but he wouldn’t send it back. The desserts and the coffee were great!!!! The drinks were so watered down we stopped buying them. The ship was incredibly clean. I know that ships are clean but we never saw silverware in the hallway or anything of that nature. The ship was not sailing at full capacity and that made for a great experience of no lines or waiting any where. They had an educational class two days in the atrium that added great value to the cruise to me. Now, I bought a bottle of tequila that was never delivered to our cabin. So the morning of disembarkation my husband went to pick it up. He was sent all over the place including an empty and dark Stardust theatre. Upon his return the atrium, he was told that they never charged me so there was no tequila for me. It was quite an experience for us. We had a balcony that we won on a upgrade bid. It was nice and spacious. We liked the separate doors for the shower and the toilet area in the bathroom. The staff were super friendly and helpful at all times. I will end by stating we depart 2 hours late and arrived late in each port but we arrived early for disembarkation.

Balcony