CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:

We selected this itinerary to celebrate our 45th Anniversary, a return to Mazatlan where we honeymooned in 1977. Also, because this was a brand spanking new ship...only 3rd week out.

The issues began at home during the check in process. I am quite tech savvy, but detest having to enter SO much information via an app rather than a web application. Yes, I switched to the web application and nothing but issues. What should have taken me 20 minutes to complete took 90 minutes. Profile pics wouldn't upload.

Once onboard we started trying out the Medallion app on our phone. On vacation, we both really like to put away our phones but chose to try using their services. The app isn't easy to understand or navigate. All of our dining reservations made at home had been wiped out. Many other passengers had the same experience. We only found that out through other passengers. By that time, all the "prime" dining times were taken and NO available times in any of the private dining rooms for our anniversary. Day 2, I ordered drinks while we were poolside. The app showed the order received, processed and delivered, but not to me and yes, we were charged. Staff looked frustrated trying to locate passengers via the GPS in their precious app. Some services were not available to look at on the screen in your room and others were not available to look at on the app. My massage that was booked ahead of the cruise was nowhere to be found on the app, only on the slip of paper I kept in the safe in our room. Speaking of the room, it was fine except the balcony. The "reclining" chair on the balcony will only recline if you open up the sliding glass door and place the chair inside the room. Never have I had such a small balcony. The food was good, but not great. Shows were great. The Band, "

Cabin was fine except tiny balcony

15 Helpful Votes