• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Viking Orion Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

Great Ship, not so great food.

Review for Viking Orion to Canada & New England
TexMan17
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Family

Sail Date: Apr 2022
Cabin:
Our Bathroom. Very nice, and hot water was instant and strong pressure.
Our room
One of the common areas
Our room
Upper Explorer Deck
Our bathroom
Common area by pool
Main pool
Spa! This was incredible.
Main Explorer Deck

Overall it was a good time, but I have to tell you, the food was a major disappointment. The food was presented very well, and looked good to the eye, but did not taste that great. Pancakes and waffles were cold and stale, and the other food was not seasoned very well. I am not sure they used butter in anything. The best food we had on the journey was on the shore excursions. The Ship was beautiful and the staff was very good. This was a first cruise for us. I may look at another cruise line next time, as I have heard Holland has better food. Rough seas for the first two days, which prevented us from stopping in Santa Barbara, which was a bummer because we had planned on seeing the Reagan Library, but better to be safe. We might try a river cruise next, but not in a big hurry after the poor food experience.

Cabin was incredible, the bathroom was awesome, and the porch was nice.

Port Reviews

Astoria, Oregon

Astoria is pretty, but the downtown is kind of sad. Not nearly as fun as Victoria. I could pass on this next time.

2 Helpful Votes